Click Here to open a Google© map in a new window.
In 1757 Francis Heald and his son John were granted a new lease to carry out corn milling at both the Upper Fulwood Corn mill and a second mill known as Nether Fulwood Corn Mill.
Samuel Price bought both mills in 1848 and immediately installed a steam engine in the Nether Mill. Samuel died in 1880 and by 1884 the mill was empty
The whole property was granted to the Sheffield Corporation in 1937/8 via the Graves Trust.
Nether Mill was demolished in 1950.
What is visible now?
Photo pm02-001 shows a view of the filled in mill pond, looking from the entrance to the yard at the Upper Fulwood Corn Mill site. The line of trees suggests the outline of the pond. It is reported that traces of masonry can be seen in the bank high above the brook.